Just how women have their secret menstrual cycle diary I should start Arya’s sickness cycle calendar. Hardly two weeks have passed since her last cold, just to arrive at Amsterdam with accompanying two green candles continuously sticking out of her nose.
And here is the list of anomalies that have made me happy while on this holiday:
– when your husband throws your baby worryingly high because the snots perfectly come out so you can wipe them out to clear your baby’s nose
– being against too hasty medicine application, on this occasion shooting Nurofen into your baby’s mouth to help her enjoy holiday
– your baby devouring fatty pizza (which you normally consider a no-no food chasing your baby with carrot and organic chicken but at this point you’re ecstatic that she’s at least eating something)
– your baby way past her bed time hoping that the next morning she would wake up at least this tiny 32 minutes later than the usual 5:58
– ZARA just around the corner, when your baby’s nappy has just leaked wetting the underwear, tights and the dress and after changing the body and covering your baby with just a jacket (not counting shoes) you perform the giant slalom stunts among the tourist crowd in order to quickly get an alternative outfit. You’re reaching ZARA with a massive “PHEW!!!” only two slow down a pace to carefully choose the right dress or trousers and top.
– your baby still not knowing how to speak because watching a cartoon in Dutch is as perfect as in her native language. You on the other hand go beyond your intelligence levels to figure out the remote control just to find a language changing option. Thank god, the Dutch prefer the original version with subtitles.
Any other mums and similar oddities?